Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Piggly Wiggly Bear/Other Married Couples

Justin doesn't like the fact that I talk about him "so much" in my blog. Well, soooorry that I want to talk about the love of my life sometimes!

That's something I've learned since I've become a wife, it's hard not to talk about your husband/best friend/confidant/the person you go to bed with every night/the person you wake up to every morning. (Did you guys say "slash" as you read that? I always do...) Your husband is the person you spend more time with than anyone else, so to not ever say anything about him would be weird.

BUT, there is a fine line between talking about your husband when it relates/someone asks and when all you can do(both men and women are notorious for this) is talk about is your spouse! Like, you get married and all of a sudden you lose all social skills and have nothing else to talk about anymore. What the heck! Okay, I get it (kinda), you get married and you're excited and you want everyone to know how happy you and your spouse are, but seriously, not every is as "fortunate" as you, but also, no one cares that you call your husband piggly wiggly bear and he calls you his little luv-a-roni (okay, Justin has called me this on occasion when I make pasta, just to be silly)! Its so annoying!

Or going out with other married couples! And they are all over each other (not in a sexual way, though sometimes, you all know exactly what I'm talking about)! Umm hello! There's other people in the room!

I take pride in the fact that Justin and I are not like that. We are able to be in separate rooms from each other and not get anxiety. Oh and we don't have to do everything together all time. Now mind you, I very much enjoy his company, I like when he's at least in the same general vicinity as me... but I don't have to go to his band practice and he doesn't have to go to that baby shower. And I have more to talk about than him! ( I could talk about my husband for daaaaays if I wanted to, but how inappropriate is that?)

I also like that when we are together, we can show everyone that we love each other but without being crazy. We both have our own personalities and opinions. And that's fine, that's NORMAL. In Mark 10:8 it says that after getting married, "... the two will become one flesh." But that doesn't mean I can't do my own thing/have my own hobbies/friends. What's important is that we come together and make decisions together and on OUR relationship with God/OUR life issues/how WE want to raise OUR family/finances...etc. Those choices are nobody's but our own.

See also: people talking about their pregnancy/how their baby is "the cutest most beautiful baby in the world don't you agree?"

*NEWS FLASH* If your baby is white, I think it's pretty safe to say it looked like an alien when it came out. Exceptions: any other ethnicity.

Someday when we have kids, I'm sure I'll think my baby is absolutely beautiful, because giving birth to life is such an amazing and beautiful blessing! But he's still gonna look like an alien hahaha.

So what do you guys think? I'm not the only one who despises stupid pet names and way too much PDA, am I? What about newborn caucasian babies? Have you guys seen the movie Babies? The white baby looks like an alien compared to the other babies!


Anyways, enough of this rant. Let me know what you think about all this.


Take it easy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment