Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Jokes, of the Popsicle Kind

The student that I'm a one on one for is trying really hard to make his new found friends laugh. And in the process tells some terrible (what he thinks are hilarious) jokes. He once told another student, "I'm going to pee in your eye!" So it was actually quite funny, if I'm being honest, really funny. It still makes me laugh out loud. 

What made it even more funny was that the other student's reaction! The kid looked at my student like, oh my gosh, this kid is going to pee in my eye! Though it was something any seven year old little boy might have said, the teacher was less than pleased. I had to explain to him that it's not an appropriate joke for school because not all kids will understand that he's just being funny and not actually going to do it.

That was at the end of last school year. So a summer later and the kid is still trying to make the same kind of jokes! And I find myself looking up jokes for this little guy to tell his friends.

So here's some of the popsicle stick jokes I've found!

-Why do owls always get invited to bird parties?
-They're always such a hoot

-What kind of band plays snappy music?
- A rubberband

-Why didn't the sun ever shine on the castle?
- It was full of knights

- Where does the dog hate to shop?
- The flea market

The hardest part about find jokes for a third grader is that, they don't even understand the jokes! But I guess that's not entirely the point. Kids laugh at everything. Well, most everything anyway hahha.



No comments:

Post a Comment