Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thankful Thursday

This morning didn't start off so great. And by started off, I mean, as soon as I got to work. 745am

Long story short, I was yelled at because this person wanted me to do something I'm not supposed to do and I told them no. I may have been a little short with my response, but this happens all the time. And I don't like being put in situations where the person knows the answer to the question is no, but still asks anyways. So aggravating! 

Rather than being like, well I thought I'd try anyways hahha. Or just not ask the question, I was yelled at. And as soon as they stopped yelling, I got up and walked away. Literally. Out of the room.

I know that I work my butt off everyday, and go way out of my to be nice and I know that I didn't deserve that. 

How can I be thankful for this?

It sure is easy to be thankful when things are good! Or when you see a beautiful sunset or the breeze comes after it's been a freakin million degrees the last few days (obviously I way over exaggerated this and yes, I know that there's some place that's even hotter) or a moment to relax... 

But how about those tough things? Be it feelings of hopelessness or despair or you just got yelled at or you just can't seem to catch a breath...  

What's that phrase? Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes He let's the storm rage and calms the child...

This morning, the "storm" raged. And I was calm (mostly, I may have made a couple comments that were unnecessary). But rather than yelling back or being mean, I got up and removed myself from the situation. 

Being thankful requires that in a tough time you take a moment to look back through a situation. I am thankful that I was able to stay calm and professional and that Lord provided me a way out. 

"And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

If you would have put me in that same situation a few years ago, my reaction would have been sadly different. The difference between then and now, I can rejoice in the Lord!

Because first Jesus says to love God with all your heart and soul and understanding and then to love your neighbor as yourself. Those are the greatest commandments.

How can I be thankful? Because I can rejoice in the Lord! Because He loves me and wants to comfort me. Because with Him I'm not alone. Because in Him I'll find rest. 

It's amazing how when you know and feel these things, how stuff rolls off your back that much easier and ya don't take it personally. And how much easier it is to be thankful!

I know that there's harder things that people go through, loss of a loved one, depression, anxiety, nothing going your way... But all the answers can be found in the Lord. 

 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

And know that these feelings aren't what the Lord has planned for you, be thankful for that! And that His plans are far better than any of your plans or dreams!

Anyways, so this last week and today I am thankful for:
-Seeing a friend get baptized! So proud of him!
-How it reminded me of the feeling of how I was on fire for the Lord when I got baptized and how that's such an amazing feeling and that I need to get back to that
-The youth group kids and their kindness and love
-Helping a friend with branding for her product and hanging out with her and her little baby boy (babies seriously are the sweetest and their laugh! Oh how it's contagious!)
-Rest when I needed it
-Sick days
-A coworker that's now a friend and loves God and that we can share each other's burdens, encourage each other and rejoice together! I tell you, this is a really wonderful thing
-Time, even though I definitely don't manage it well enough but did seem to edit almost all of the wedding photos from a couple weekends ago
-Love. I was editing the wedding photos and watching a tv show the other day and the couple gets married and they share their vows (and even though it's not real), all of that made me think about my husband and the love that we share and how our wedding was just perfect (minus the crying the whole day part. I was just so happy!!! I still am though! I could get teary-eyed just thinking about it. Sighh.)

Today was good, well, yes. Yes it was. Not to mention it was so much cooler today! Hope that lasts hahha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment